Any property owner may petition for a change of the zoning district map with respect to their property (Section 17.12.170 of the Casper Municipal Code).
Zone change petitions require approval by both the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council.  Once the Commission recommends approval, City Council approval is done by Ordinance and requires three readings.
All zone change petitions must include a completed application with original signature of the property owner, proof of ownership, and non-refundable application fee.
Zone change petitions must be submitted at least 30 days prior to a scheduled Planning and Zoning Commission public hearing.  All property owners within a 300' radius will be notified by mail and invited to make comments on the proposed zone change. The subject property will be posted with a public notice and public notice will be published in the newspaper.  The Planning and Zoning Commission will conduct a public hearing and will approve or deny the request for a zone change.  If the Commission approves the zone change, it will be forwarded to the Casper City Council.  Zone changes require approval by ordinance and three readings.


Please contact the Planning Office for answers to any other questions relating to zoning or land use in the City of Casper.